1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A few newbie questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SCJoe, Aug 26, 2009.

1. angelrob

angelrob New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So true! I could "feel" (hear?? ;)) how fast I was going in my Jeep and could keep a certain speed without looking at the speedometer much at all. In the Prius, I'm having a very hard time holding a speed. On the flip side, if I'm not paying attention, I can also slow down too much. I have taken to putting the CC on at a minimum speed so I don't wind up doing 45 on the thruway :eek:

I'm sure I'll get better at it with practice. This sure is a fun car to drive, and after my first trip with two large dogs, I've found it's also quite roomy and practical.

Robbin

2. jazzy_james

jazzy_james Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for the clear explanation. The only thing I'm not clear now is what is Normal Mode? Any differences between Normal and ECO?

3. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    DEANFL,

If you have a model V as it sounds you do, when you approach the car in the dark, and are just about 2 feet from your car, the interior lights should automatically grow bright. Mine is doing that just fine. Just learning the options myself, but I have my light button above the shifter set to door if I recall, and they light everytime, even without touching the door handle. If I don't do anything and just stand there, they dim in a short time thereafter.

If that is NOT working, I believe if you check the manual it is customizable, but unfortunately from your dealer. Did you notice the footwell lights yet?? There quite cool although they should have used a different color than amber, but it's a nice touch nonetheless.

Let me know if you need anything else, or message me, as I may be able to assist in answering things I have already uncovered.

:)

4. SCJoe

SCJoe New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the info, folks. I had to run out of town shortly after posting this thread, and just got back.

I got the "illuminate while approaching" thing to work. The part I was missing (dsviv guessed it) was the dashboard dimmer -- it seems this feature only works if it's all the way "up" (i.e. clicked past the detent).

Also, for info for new owners, this feature only works when you get within about 3 feet of the driver's door.

5. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    And, as mentioned in a post below - works only when the doors are LOCKED.

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Normal maps the accelerator response somewhere between Eco and Power, and is less stingy with the use of air conditioning. Think of it as being in the middle, or simply "normal".

Tom