1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Few Questions From a Newbie/Almost Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Erin Rothchild-Realtor, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Erin Rothchild-Realtor

Erin Rothchild-Realtor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    :D Hi Everyone,

Any input on "pre-paid" maintenance and the value or complications with that?

How about the 3M or other coverings that some owners like to use on the hood and mirrors? Any fading or paint discoloration over time on the uncovered areas versus the covered areas? Good idea or bad investment?

Has anyone wrapped or decaled their Prius for business that has photos to share?

Do you know if the wrapping or decals offer the same kind and stregnth of protection that the 3M or other coverings do?

Please share your experiences with these items and or anything else that you feel is pertinent to address while at the dealership.

Also, if someone would share the easy way to re-find/reference your thread so you can see the responses people have shared, I would be grateful.

Tomorrow I pick up my 09 Silver Pine Mica~ Bisque Leather~ Package 2~Touring Prius.

Jesus is Amazing....Original dealership fell behind on allocations and had told me possibly another two to three months ( ordered in July ) and a dealership I had called at the very beginning of my searching, that is slightly out of town, called me within minutes of that phone call, letting me know that there was a Prius at the port that matched my wish list.

It was assigned to another dealership that charges 3k ( their reduced amount) over sticker...somehow....Praise God...they were able to get it reassigned to them, and I am paying slightly under sticker...

Sooooooo excited ~ Thank You ALL in advance for any and all help and input you can share.

Erin:hippie:

2. direstraits71

direstraits71 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've had the 3M Paint Protection Film installed on my Silver 2002 Solara since it was new, and have no paint discoloration or fading at all and no paint chips in the protected areas.

My 2008 Classic Silver Prius got the same treatment when I got it in July. (Hood-fender and mirror kit purchased from invisiblemask.com and self installed) Protection for the metal surfaces is the top priority as the paint chips more easily. The products do work and perform as advertised in my opinion. There are several brands of kits available for the Prius and different coverage areas. Just be sure to get a 3M or equivalent product, not vinyl.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Extended warranties and pre-paid maintenance are a waste of money. Pay-as-you-go costs less. Read the Scheduled Maintenance Guide; when you get service take the Guide with you, show the appropriate page to the service writer, and tell them to do only those items.

Dealer-applied fabric and paint protectors are useless on modern cars. As an example, after 4 years in the Dallas Sun mine still looks new.

4. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three