1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Few Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prius2006rocks, Mar 1, 2007.

1. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have two questions... (See attached pictures)

1. Recently my Nav screen looked weird - all over the streets there are white circles with red dots in the middle of them just covering the roads/streets, etc! I don't ever remember seeing them and I can't figure out why they are there (what I did) and how to clear them. I don't have POIs on or anything. Also, when I move the screen by holding my finger down and it continues scrolling they disappear but reappear when the map stops moving...

2. It's just a general question. What does the "port" I call it under the parking brake on the left do? (Looks sorta like a valve stem if I had to describe it)

3. And for fun, I know the box under the driver's seat is the DVD Nav disc reader. I swore I saw another box under the passenger's seat. If that's correct, is that for the airbags or?

Thanks a lot! :)

Attached Files:

2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    It's just a general question. What does the "port" I call it under the parking brake on the left do?

Is the outside of that white thing threaded? Could it be that a nut screws on there and holds the outer piece down?

3. And for fun, I know the box under the driver's seat is the DVD Nav disc reader. I swore I saw another box under the passenger's seat. If that's correct, is that for the airbags?

The actual airbags wouldn't be down there. Mine has an airbag sensor that mounts directly to the floorpan, but it is a little thing and is under the center console.

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The other box under the seat is the amplifier.

That doesn't look like a port, it looks like the threads of a bolt, and the interior kick panel is designed to just clip on over it.

4. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2006rocks @ Mar 1 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]398721[/snapback]</div>
    Hello

It looks like you have turned on the Route Trace, probably by accident. You can turn it off when the Navigation is on by pressing the Map button on the right of the MFD, then by pressing Map View at the bottom of the MFD, then on the line connected to the words Route Trace you will see the word STOP. Press it. You will be asked if you want to save the existing Route Trace. You should probably press NO.

That is all.

This feature is useful in the same way a long string is useful to cave explorers. It traces the route you take so you can follow it on your return trip home. It even works in unmapped areas.

5. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks to everyone who responded! As soon as I posted I realized it probably was a screw. So its the amp under there cool. And Allennde that was it! Thank you so much for the help, I was starting to get real mad at it! Thanks again, you guys are great on this site! :)

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's funny that you asked about the boxes under the seats.

I was given a NAV update DVD and told how to insert it. The problem was that no matter what I did, I simply could not get the drive to eject. Heck I couldn't even tell how to open it in the first place. It turns out that I was messing with the amplifier and not the NAV player. Wrong seat. :-D

And before you ask, I have an '04 and my NAV update brought me to the level you are - if not one level lower. So there is currently no update for the newer Prii NAV DVDs.