1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A final note to Danny and PriusChat

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack Kelly, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I believe you're wrong, and ask if you read the following by MS:

(paraphrasing)

1. "...no difference between saying 'the Jews sucked up all the money" and "the Poles [and several others, in successive lines] sucked up all the money"

In historical context, whether MS is saying this or Hitler (paraphrased) said it, it goes to the very heart of the ages-old hatred of Jews as perceived "moneylenders", indeed, "the bankers of Europe". He (horton, maybe again paraphrasing Mein Kampf ), then says WW II might not have happened if the Jews hadn't done that (and upset Hitler). Anyone who knows history even in a cursory manner knows that Hitler's territorial ambitions and his hatred of Jews (and Gypsies, for that matter) were separate issues.

So yes, there's patently a HUGE difference between saying those two things.

2. MS asks' if Jews are "WORTH" any more than other victims of "ethnic cleansing". This begs the question (rhetorical in any case), and strongly infers that the casualties suffered by the Kosovos and the Hutus are of the same magnitude as the Holocaust. By further inference, the Holocaust was "small potatoes". This is straight out of the skinhead/neoNazi revisionist revival.

Horton's closing line about the US possibly "needing" another "civil war"---in order to achieve a "balance" of economic interests---is also straight skinhead stuff.

I'm surprised at you.

Are there any other history majors around here?

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Would a time out be reasonable? Leave PriusChat for a week to let tempers calm down and the community to recover. Maybe we'll talk about cars for awhile, or even learn to enjoy pancakes again.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Call me Jack. Time we got together for that beer. I even have my Prius now!

You're one of the main reasons I like coming to this board!

4. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Evan, let's do this right, if you're going to do it partly.

I appreciate your willingness (I didn't ask) to reproduce part of that thread. But I ask that you reproduce MS's posts (which I've paraphrased), too, and let members judge for themselves.

I take full responsibility for my profanity, apologized twice for it Tuesday night, and again "face up" to my role. I tried to smoke MS out fully on his remarks about Jews and what horton had said, but he's too clever for that.

5. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks. I'll give you your $25 when I see you. :p

I haven't read all your EV and other posts, but from what I've seen, darell, you're making a positive contribution of your own.

I'll PM or call you. But you may have to explain me away to your friends/wife. I'm only 2'4" as well as old.

Just kidding. ::looks down:: I think.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok read about as much of this thread as it did the other one mentioned. insults suck, but its still our right to express our opinions. so have to stick with free speech.

just as i dont read crap from gm flag waving members of this board, i dont read any of this stuff because its a circle jerk. i have better ways to spend my time.

sorry to see you go jack, you contributed a lot to this board. its a lot easier to set ignore preferences and carry on.

7. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I see MS continues to make himself the cause celebre , and to advertise it on a thread I intended for my own purposes.

I'm taking a break. Even this may not be worth it.

8. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

jack, it's a big anti-semitic conspiracy that if you follow all the leads will bring you right up to BUSH!

:lol:

I sooo couldn't resist...

9. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Cool. It reminds me of my MUDding days. Oh, the drama!

Ignore button time, for the first time!

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, this bickering is over. I'm going to move that thread back into public view and you all can take whatever stance you want on what was said. As usual, I agree with Evan on this one that something was said and then it snowballed straight into a horrible thread.

All of this "FHOP is great" "No FHOP needs to be removed" discussion needs to end. I'm putting FHOP into the 24-hour time out corner. Tomorrow I'm going to open it back up, and MS is going to be here, I'm going to be here, and anyone else who wants to be here is going to be. But understand this: FHOP isn't going anywhere. Open discussion about ideas however dissimilar they are to yours are what make a community.

Don't want a community? Fine - go back to the Yahoo Groups. I opened this site because sure, I wanted it to be a great source for Prius knowledge, but ask anyone around at that time and they'll tell you that my #1 reason for creating this site was in order to form a community.

Free-flowing ideas no matter how heinous they might seem to you are going to be a part of this site. I chose it to be that way - now choose whether you want to be a part of that or not. I'll give you all 24 hours to think it over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.