1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A good deal? 2009 Prius with 60Kmi for 15,000

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by sidarous, Aug 24, 2011.

1. sidarous

sidarous New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone! First time potential Prius owner. I've been shopping and found a 2009 Prius with 60000 miles (that's a lot, I know). It's going for 15000. The seller says he got it from an auction. What do you guys think?

I'll have it checked out at the Toyota dealership before I buy.

Blue book price is Excellent for $17,755, Good for $16,655, and Fair for $14,955. It doesn't have all the package options, but it does have JBL sound, power doors/windows, cruise, keyless ignition, fog lights, and the backup camera.

If it turns out to be in good condition, would you do it in my position?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Getting it from an auction would make me think twice. It could be a salvaged Prius, in which case there may be lots of trouble down the road. Make sure you check the current title and also CarFax.

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't.

If it were a clean, used G2 the original owner or the dealer the that she/he traded it into would have sold it themselves.
    If it was auctioned off instead, then something is wrong.

Your call...but I'd keep looking, especially if you intend to use this vehicle as your primary means of transportation.

GOOD LUCK!