1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A good place that will install Tint

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by BIGGDOGG, Jan 8, 2008.

1. BIGGDOGG

BIGGDOGG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am looking for a Place that will instal window tint and that will look PROFESSIONAL (no Bubbles please) I don't want to go to the dealership and pay an arm and a leg, I also don't trust myself for installing it.
    Any comments??

2. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    this may be tough since dark windows are illegal in NJ.

I think standard glass has some tint already.
    good luck.

3. BIGGDOGG

BIGGDOGG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I believe they are only illegal in the front side windows and front windshield.

4. nick06

nick06 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I had a place on the Somerville circle tint my Subaru Outback (about 8 years ago) and my Dads car (4 years). Both cars looked good when new and still look good today. The place is "Auto Creations" they are just south of the circle on the north bound side of Rt. 206. The only problem I've had was the inside of the window getting scatched from carrying things in the back(2"x4"s, tools...). It's not really noticeable, but I know where the scratches are.

From what I remember, you can have any darkness tint behind the front seat driver. My Outback has very dark tint (almost can't see in from the outside)There are some good web sites that tell you the state laws.

I got a gift certificate from Auto Creations for Christmas to do my 2007 Mag. Gray. Haven't had the time, but hope to use it soon.

5. ehan

ehan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    how much was auto creations?

6. svendiesel

svendiesel Guy with the Trailblazer SS

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Theres plenty of places, the one I went to was in Paterson called Protronix, they did a great job. Its in West Paterson too in the nicer part, so no worries about driving into any shady areas. I have relatively dark tints on all of my windows except the windshield and in all honesty the police don't bother me. They especially wont bother anyone driving a Prius unless youre doing soemthing way obvious wrong, like 80 in a 35 for example. My car draws a ton more attention than you folks cars do. If you got like a 50% tint on the front windows it would help with sun glare quite a bit but you actually wouldnt even really be able to tell from outside that there was a tint.