1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A guide to cleaning the HV battery fan (request)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by LulzChicken, Jun 26, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Who cares? The car will take care of itself.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey there everyone. As summer is officially here, I'd like to make sure my HV battery fan is clear of any dust and debris to ensure the batteries are being cooled well. I've searched around and the only guides I can find are for the Second Generation Prius. There was one thread on here for the Third Generation, but the pictures were stored on Prius Chats' website and didn't get migrated over during the forum transformation. Here's a link to the search I conducted. I couldn't find too much. If anyone is willing to write a guide, take some pictures, or anything to help start the process of cleaning the HV battery fan that would be awesome.

Thanks guys,
    Derek

Edit: If anyone has access to the Technical Information System (TIS) Manual, the instructions are under Engine/Hybrid System – Hybrid/Battery Control System – “Hybrid/Battery Control: Battery Blower: Removal”. If you could post that, or send it to me in a PM that would be great.

2. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Here ya go...

Attached Files:

telmo744, jerrydelrey and LulzChicken like this.
  3. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Awesome, thank you so much RRxing. I really appreciate it. Seems like more work than I thought..