1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A hybrid Filter at 50,000?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by icyrius, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    There is a 10mm Bolt below at the seat belt area that needs to be removed. Once you do that, it should slide right out;).

But it sounds like your wallet has been made lighter:(.

bisco and mikey_t like this.
  2. mikey_t

mikey_t Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ah, thank you! Yes, they wanted nearly $400 for the service. My dealership notes from the battery replacement (different dealership) says that the "blower motor" was cleaned. Is this the fan or is that something else?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    More than likely the squirrel cage fan was cleaned;).

If so, you should be good for a long time:).

But there are a lot of things you can do for $400, and lining the dealers pockets isn’t one of them(y).

mikey_t likes this.
  4. Lenzyl

Lenzyl New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    just vacuumed the floor of my 2012 Prius v. There's an inlet grill underneath both front seats. They don't look like the photo's shown above.
    Removed the passenger side grill and the plastic tube appears to go forward, not back to the HV battery. . . or else it takes a turn back when it's out of sight...
    I don't have a problem, I'm just motivated to keep that tube clean so I don't have to deal with an over heating battery pack. There wasn't any filter in place behind the grill. I guess Toyota changed the way they vent the batter pack?