1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A leather covered TRD shift knob for my Prius"v"...

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Mike500, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    A never liked the plastic shift knob on my Prius"v."

I guess the downward curve is to deflect the shaft downward in a crash.

I didn't like this leather covered JDM one from Japan either;

Toyota Prius V Wagon Prius Prius Α for Genuine Toyota Shift Knob | eBay

Also, the shift pattern is wrong for a left drive car.

So, I got this manual Toyota TRD shift knob off of Amazon and machined an adapter for it.

I've uploaded a photo. I especially like the "carbon fiber" effect on the center.

The knob is the same 1-1/2 inch size as the hard plastic TOM's but feels much better and is less slippery on the fingers.

Attached Files:

Junglistic MAX'im and Yakoma like this.
  2. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice....is that a standard sticker showing the shift pattern, or something you mocked up?

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks,

I printed the image out of the Prius .pdf manual, enlarged and photographed it into a .jpg image and transferred it to and printed them out on Brother laminated TZe P-Touch tape.

I've made TRD Racing Development stickers, HONDA logo stickers, and MAZDA stickers the same way. I can print all sorts of custom art work the same way. The only thing limiting the printer is that the widest tapes are an inch wide.

#3 Mike500, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  4. 1228persona

1228persona Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Just placed an order with m.5. aka Ibakeland for the other style TRD shift knob. Been looking for a different option for the longest time. Really liked the TOMs, but the 'JDM' shift pattern on the knob was a deterrent for me. Thanks Mike for helping us out with your innovations. looking into the brace as well, but that'll have to pass with the Mrs. first before actually making a commitment! ra29project

5. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    OOPS! Yeah, I almost ordered one with the JMD backwards shift pattern. Good think eBay would not accept my Am Ex card's security code.
    Oh well, I'll loo around for a nice L-shaped knob with no shift pattern. I think I've seen some. I'll just put some Dymo tape on the black plastic shift gate with the pattern there.

#5 Eric "v", Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015