1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A look under the Ford Maverick Hybrid by Munro Live

Discussion in 'Ford/Lincoln Hybrids and EVs' started by farmecologist, Sep 15, 2022.

1. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    A nice look at the undercarriage of the Ford Maverick. Their takeaway seems to be 'cheap components to cut costs'.

Note that if I recall, this vehicle is *not* brand new....it belongs to one of their employees. In my view this is even better...it gives us a view of the Mav after it has aged a few months.

Also note that they removed the aero shields, etc...to get at the components. Many of the components they showed are usually covered. Honestly, it's quite strange Munro didn't show the Mav with the aero shields on...lots of folks posting in the video comments about potential rust, etc...while not realizing the shields have been removed. (y)

Personally, looking at all the exposed weld points, etc...I'm not sure how the Maverick is going to hold out in environments where road salt, etc...are used. I also don't like the looks of the muffler at all ( at around 11:40 in ). Thoughts?

BTW - I dug up a couple of videos to compare. The first one shows the undercarriage with and without the shields :

2. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Also found this interesting to compare the Escape undercarriage with the Maverick...looks like pretty much the same stuff under the hood, except for the much larger battery, of course...(y)

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The Maverick is an Escape pick up. Would expect much of parts under the skin to be the same.