1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

a minor problem (I think)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vespasian, Nov 23, 2005.

1. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

I had a Ford or a Dodge once that used to have a park pawl that would stick. Starting that car could make it lurch till it got latched to lock things.

2. Tyeise

Tyeise New Member

I occasionally sit in my car, in park, for a short while. (at the ATM, or in lines somewhere) I have a couple of times had the ICE start, and been startled to feel the car begin to move. It couldn't have moved more than just a minute amount, more like rocking on the wheels, but it sure was enough to startle me at the time!

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The car does have a parking brake. It has a regular brake too.

Who sits in a parked car without either brake engaged?

Oh.....never mind.

4. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

P and parking brake when you stop. It ain't brain surgery.

If it really went two feet see your dealer, because you have a broken parking pawl in the drivetrain.

Even one foot is pushing it.

Don't knock people for responding to your post, then edit your post so their comment looks out of line. Really bad manners.

5. Tigerops

Tigerops New Member

I had the same thing happen to me in my garage. I do think it went forward about 6 inches or so, but when it happens it FEELS like a foot. I think it's just the point at which you put it in park that this occurs. Like I said, it's only happened once, so I assume it's a normal thing every once in awhile.