1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Novel Idea

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by perryma, Feb 21, 2008.

1. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Andrew tried to get up, but found he could not move. A gauze-like haze slowly came over his vision and the voices around him seemed to recede. Looking down he could see the others gathered around HIS inert body! Am I having an out-of-body experience, wondered Andrew, am I dead, or was it just the...

2. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the smoke that was starting to billow down the stairs. As chaos ensued , his mom started yelling to Marisa that she was burning something in the kitchen and Andrew realized he was still on the floor, looking over into the large mirror that used to hang upstairs in the hall. It was the mirror that his mom said could never come back into the rest of the house.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The thing is, that mirror had caused so many problems for them, ever since they discovered it was really a portal to a parallel universe.

4. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In that universe was the home...the home for what was once thought to be only a figment of imagination. But as it turned out, not only was The Flying Spaghetti Monster real, but had a huge home. A home resplendent in colors, that no one had ever before seen with human eyes.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Andrew suddenly realized that Marissa was burning down the house. He had to escape quickly, so he took the quickest route. Without even calibrating where it was pointing to, he just jumped through the mirror.

6. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    He landed on one of the giant meatballs left in the trail of the Spagetti Monster and his feet flew out from under him. But this was the least of his worries, for he knew that in this parallel universe, the Toyota Prius was a gas guzzling heavy SUV.

7. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A loud smack echoed across the room as Andrew's mom whacked him on the head with her big meaty hand. It was a feeling Andrew was all too familiar with and it always woke him up and set him straight. "You gonna lay there all day?" she grunted.

8. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The End.

(Sorry for the execution style ending but someone had to put it out of it's misery. It actually died some time back and is just nowing being laid to rest.):yield::rip:

9. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    'No, I'm not going to lay here all day. I have a plan. A plan to rule the world!'

(it aint' 'the end' till a fat lady sings)

10. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was going to post "The End" at the same exact location, but I was afraid I would offend someone. I think it is appropriate that you did. You were the OP, right?

Anyone up for a sequel? It would be wise to have one ready so we don't have to scramble after the original gets made as an Oscar winning movie by Steven Speilburg or Pixar or someone. Oh, I know, Dreamworks becasue Andy or Steve or whoever kept dreaming about Marisa or Monica or whoever.

11. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh, dammit! I was just getting into the story....

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thank you. I took a mini-class in improv comedy at the Mexican spa, and this novel was violating one of the principal tenets: You cannot try to force a skit (or in this case a collaborative novel) in a predetermined direction. You have to allow yourself to go with what's been established, rather than trying to turn it around.

It was a noble effort. I applaud us. But you did right in bringing it to a close.