1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A peculiarity about charge schedules

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by Lee Jay, May 6, 2017.

1. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a charge schedule for Monday through Friday morning for work. Works fine.

Friday night I set a charge schedule event for Saturday morning. It didn't charge.

Tonight, I set a charge schedule event for tomorrow morning (Sunday) but this time I checked. It said Monday's was the next set event despite there being an event between now and Monday.

With some fiddling I discovered that once an event has been set to the next event, you can't change the next event until you disable what it thinks is the next event. So, I shut off the Monday-Friday event, which activated the Sunday event, then I turned the M-F event back on, and all is well - the Sunday event is the next one, and Monday will be after that.

Turns out it sort-of says this in the manual on page 148, but not in a way that it "clicked" for me when I read it.

upload_2017-5-6_20-42-18.png

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, knowing what actually happens. Maybe it should say something like:

"When a Charging Event is added once a "Next Charging Event" has been defined, the new event will be ignored until the current "Next Charging Event" is activated or disabled.

Or, something like that.

Attached Files:

2. bodgm

bodgm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced