1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Prius Experience

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prianista, Sep 2, 2006.

1. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hrm.. it isn't that difficult to start the prius?

push brake, press start: how hard can that be that you need more instructions?

2. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prianista @ Sep 9 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]316957[/snapback]</div>
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: 9/4/2006 1:52 PM
    To: "Vincent"
    Subject: Re: [Spam:60%] Poorly Researched Article on the 2006 Prius

Vincent,
    Thanks for your email, and all your corrections. Actually, I had intended my column's coverage of the Prius to be more about how computer technology is infiltrating all aspects of our lives, rather than an in depth column about Prius cars. I guess I focused too much on the Prius to make my overall message clear.

The information I included in my column was from talking with people at the Toyota dealership (I specifically asked them about the 40 computers claim and disabling the reverse noise) and reading the owners manual. The column was intended to be aimed at ordinary car owners, not high-level Prius enthusiasts. However, I see from your email (and other enthusiasts) that some of the information I was given is not correct, and for that I apologize, and will suggest some corrections be made to the column.

So, thanks for your time gathering and sending me so much information.

Best,

Linda

4. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dandy. A reporter who uses ONE source (sales staff), combined with (VERY) simple-minded personal observation. Just really encourages me to go seek out her columns. (Though I DO give her credit for the correction...SOME.) It was, regardless, shoddy journalism. Everybody will cite the first article and ignore the "correction." Best we can do is hope she learns from this bit of garbage for which she is responsible.

5. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wot she sed.