1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Prius Expert's Review of the Kia EV6

Discussion in 'Hyundai/Kia/Genesis Hybrids and EVs' started by Tideland Prius, Jun 28, 2022.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    glad to see you're still happy with it. i might have purchased one if the tax credit were available.

charge port light on a bolt is $500. :eek: most people add an amazon stick on led or similar.

to me. it's a money grab. if kia didn't offer it at all, it must have been an oversight?

the pip had a small led that was perfect and couldn't have cost toyota more than a few cents.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah likely an oversight. Weird that it took 2 years to figure that out. Supply chain? lol

Yeah. And my Prime even had an SKS button in the charge port to lock/unlock the charging cable. In the Kia, I have to either use the fob or walk fast enough to the rear to unplug before the car locks itself again.Or, alternatively, if I wasn't leaving, I'd have to unlock the car to unplug, then lock the car again. Toyota has better attention to detail.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sometimes

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A cool spring meant really good fuel consumption, competitive with the Prime I had before.

20240621_fuelconsumption_zoom.JPG

Here's a trip that resulted in 11.8kWh/100km (5.3mi/kWh). That's close to the record of 11.7kWh/100km (5.34mi/kWh) on the 20" factory wheels and tyres.

20240621_afterrechargeconsumption_zoom.JPG

Of course a single trip, does not a data set make. So here's one since the last recharge. I used about 9% to travel 59.5km at 12.9kWh/100km (4.84mi/kWh). Extrapolate 12.9kWh/100km over 74kWh and that gives 573km. I won't able to maintain this kind of mileage for that long. Typically, I'm closer to 480km in the city. (Updated city/hwy EPA range is 403km/252 miles with AWD and 20" wheels).

That said, it's crazy to see the large swing in consumption with EVs, much more so than hybrids. (And especially given this weighs as much as a current gen HiHy).

5. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I really like what Kia and Hyundai did: one base platform with different body configurations mounted on top comprising the different models. Very wise move. It allows them to refine one platform and work out all the issues making it bettER over time, all while reducing mfg costs by mass production w lower r+d