1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Prius with no package?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by khigginson, Mar 6, 2007.

1. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Package #1 is the base model Prius. I've attached a screen grab from the build a toyota website.

Dave

Attached Files:

• base.JPG
      base.JPG
      File size:
      30.7 KB
      Views:
  2. adam1991

adam1991 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveLeePrius @ Mar 12 2007, 05:27 PM) [snapback]404359[/snapback]</div>
    Ah. Not here. Not only can I get a base Prius with no package--I am getting such a beast.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Depends upon where you live. For my zip (95608) you can get a base model Prius with floor mats for $199 and destination of $620. The total MSRP is $22995. I saw such a car at Folsom Lake Toyota, so they do exist for sale. But I expect they are quite rare.

4. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Mar 12 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]404487[/snapback]</div>
    That's exactly what I paid here in upstate NY for my base package, and it is a fine car.

5. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Mar 12 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]404487[/snapback]</div>
    That's exactly what I paid here in upstate NY for my base package.

6. waprius

waprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I went to my dealer website (Toyota of Puyallup) and they list package 1 with the camera, MP3 player, and Smart key. You can also uncheck package 1 which is maybe no camera, no MP3 player, no Smart key.

The Toyota.com site lists Option B to be Package #2. They don't list a Package #1 but I assume it's Option A. Option 2 also has 6 speakers and stability control.

I bought mine in '05 so maybe it was different then but I don't have any options either. They didn't list a package type on the invoice either.

Maybe Option A is standard now with the Smart key and camera.

7. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a 2007 printed brochure that I snagged while waiting for the paperwork to be completed when I bought my car. The brochure lists the equipment for Packages #1 thru #6.

Package #1 (HE) includes the Single Disc CD player with Aux Jack and MP3 Capability, the Smart Key and the Backup Camera.

Package #2 (HG) adds VSC

Package #3 (HI) adds Anti Theft w/ auto dimming mirror and JBL 6 disc changer system

Package #4 (HK) adds HID headlamps and Fog lamps

Package #5 (NL) adds the DVD Navigation

Package #6 (NW) adds the Leather Seats and steering wheel

The packages are the same for the Touring model except that there is no Package #4, the HID headlamps are standard for all Touring and the codes are different for Package #5 (NM) and Package #6 (NR)

The base car has a Single Disc CD player without the Aux Jack and MP3 capability, does not have the Smart Key System and does not have the Backup Camera.

8. acdii

acdii Active Member

Base model was the only one left on the lot when I bought mine. When I checked out the dealer website and saw they has 0% financing, I checked their stock and saw they had #3 and up and had 8 in stock. That was a Saturday. On Monday when I went to check them out, they had sold all of them on Saturday, which means they got MSRP on all of them if not more. They had just rolled one off the truck a few minutes before I pulled in. It was a base without any package, well a base model. It included floor mats as an option. I drove it, liked it, worked out what the gas savings would be and bought it for MSRP - $4000 for a trade in unseen. The Sales guy said it played MP3's though and he was wrong there so I was a bit diappointed, but not with anything else. I am beginnning to enjoy driving the car even though it is a stretch for my arms due to lack of leg room.

Needless to say I wa a bit surprised to find a base model, you dont usually see those as they usually go to rentals or leases.