1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A puzzle for you guys (constant 12 volt drainage)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SSimon, Jun 14, 2022.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Of course there's no such thing as a cca use in a 12v in a Prius... But the higher the Ah the more years you can get away with accidentally forgetting to fully close a door or hatch or in my case exit through the passenger side in cramped carport space and forget to turn the headlights off. Got nine years out of my last 55ah 12v. Here's my affiliate link: https://ebay.us/5n8222 for best quality and also lowest price Prius 12v. I get like $3 or an additional 25 miles of gas for my Prius for every battery I sell. :) Lol!

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Need more info. How is the car used? How long does it sit? Typical number of hours and miles per week.

Maybe there is an intermittent draw that discharges the 12V battery. Maybe the way you use (or don't use) the car could be letting it run down more than it gets charged.

Is there still any problem with any connection at the battery?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.