1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A Sienna to Park Next to my Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by daronspicher, Mar 26, 2007.

1. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

I'm just under 14 months and 45,000 miles on my Prius and just beginning my search for a Sienna. I think we are looking for a LE model without much in the way of high end options packages.

I've been googling around, looking at some car sites for both new and used and for the most part, I'm not finding much in the way of great looking deals. In the lightly used(low miles, lease returns) Sienna market, there seemingly is no inventory.

I'm hoping to find a left over 2006 on the lot somewhere, or a dealer selling 2007's just over invoice, I'm not sure, but I'm ok with waiting around a while and doing some looking rather than walking up to the closest dealer and writing a check.

Does anyone have any websites I should be checking out, or know of any dealers I should be talking to?

I'm in Chicagoland and wouldn't mind anything within about 500 miles.

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Mar 26 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]412316[/snapback]</div>
    Does your bank have something like an "auto resource center"? Many banks do. You tell them what you're looking for and they'll find it for you. They work with the fleet/internet managers and can sometimes get you a really good deal. When I bought my accord 4 years ago my bank got me a better price than the internet managers had quoted me when I used sites like cars.com.

Just a thought for a different avenue for your search.

3. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Active Member

Here in the bay area CA they are greatly discounting new Siennas. I was deciding between Sienna and Prius, odd as that sounds, and the dealer was selling for 4250 under msrp, any model. Since gas is well over $3 a gal here that might be the reason. The 2007 has the new 3.5 engine, like the Avalon's. It is a lot of car for the money IMO.

4. Prius07Pkg4

Prius07Pkg4 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr.Vanvandenburg @ Mar 26 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]412389[/snapback]</div>
    Cool, I am in Bay area too, I got the 07 Prius in Nov 06. Now I am looking for a Sienna 07 LE7 pkg 3 (Wife and 3 kids 2 with the car seat). If the price is $4250 under MSRP; it is very good deal. I am waiting for one more thing, that is 0% financing. Which dealer that you get $4250 under MSRP?

Thanks.

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius07Pkg4 @ Mar 26 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]412725[/snapback]</div>
    I just started talking with the dealers in chicagoland about what kind of deals are available. If I find out they are no where near 4250 under msrp and you find out they are in San Fran, that's not too far for me to come. Post back if you are finding that kind of discounting there.

I talked to a dealer on the phone yesterday who has 5 2006's with under 5k miles, same price as the 2007 new. They were 'service' vehicles which means when someone came into the shop, they drove a new sienna for a day or two. I would expect to find those priced lower to move them out of the inventory, but they really aren't.

Both of those are priced about the same, but they have a 7yr/100k warranty on the 2006 and she said they only have a 3/36 warranty on the 2007... I asked... 3/36 on powertrain? That sounds a little low for this day and age... she assured me... So, I looked online and it's 6/60 powertrain on 2007's.

Anyhow, I'm learning the landscape in Chicagoland... I'm interested to hear how it is in San Fran when you dig deeper.

Thanks

6. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Active Member

I never got back to this post. I saw Piercey in San Jose advertising even more off since then, 4750 off msrp. That included the rebate though, so they will likely balk at the 0% on top. I found Gilroy Toyota would match prices, they have a coupon for it on the website. That's how I got them to match the price for my Prius. They also were better to deal with, at least Nate was.

7. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    as a new toyota salesman, I can tell you straight up not to expect rebates AND 0.0% fincancing. one or the other, though. I live in the southeast, but my lot only has 3 siennas on it. Those things don't stay in stock for some reason:)