1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A way to turn reverse beeping off??

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by pontiac5oh, Mar 20, 2013.

1. pontiac5oh

pontiac5oh New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Its annoying as hell. I tried the method for the gen II Prius I found here in the forum but it didn't work. I looked through the audio display unit for a way but couldn't find it. In the owners manual there is a "beep once option" in custom settings but its says it can only be done at the Toyota dealer. Do they need a scan tool to program it or is there a sequence of buttons pressed to change the function?

Tyler

2. labell

labell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome to another new 2013 v owner! Unfortunately that method does not work with our later model. It can only be changed at the dealership from continuous to one beep, or done by yourself if you buy a Scangauge or similar tool (don't ask me how because I am not savvy on that, but others here are.) I am going to ask at the dealership next time I am there. Some have done it for free and others have charged based on reports I have read on the forums.

3. DerekNIU

DerekNIU New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This thread has all the information you need. I was pretty nervous about trying it (I'm NOT a car guy and didn't want to break it), but the instructions guided me through it perfectly. I wish the dealership would have just done it for me for free, but they said "it wasn't possible to turn it off." Spent $17 on the scanner and $5 on the Android App. 100% worth it.

Turning off the reverse beep on a 2012 Prius v | PriusChat

4. Corpus Delicti

Corpus Delicti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I can echo what DerekNIU said. I bought the BAFX brand device on Amazon ($23) and used a free Android app called ELM 327 Terminal. Following the instructions and codes in another thread elsewhere, it worked like a charm. Today I was able to change the backup beep to one, and also disabled the seat belt reminder. Both took me about 2 minutes total, if that. Many thanks to all who posted instructions and codes.

squeege and Robroy like this.
  5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    My dealer did the one beep back up setting when asked as part of a routine covered by initial warranty for oil changes service. I presume they read the codes at the service so already had their computer hooked up. It was free.

I left the seat belt beeps on as, while I hate them, I need the reminder.