1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AAA Member Discount on Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by journeygirl1, Oct 17, 2004.

1. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    "Mileage" always looks wrong to me - particularly as it rhymes with "silage"...

You should move over here, where we spell "travelling", "travelled†and “traveller†correctly. ;) Not to mention "cancelled", "labelled" and the rest.

(As in any spelling discussion, I expect I've made a tpyo somewhere in this post...)

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. clubmedic

clubmedic New Member

Also in Chicagoland

<sigh> Got my hopes up there. I'm also in Chicagoland, and should be picking my car up in 3 weeks (fingers & toes crossed). I've already agreed to MSRP, so doubted I'd be able to move the price anyway (9 month wait, not stopping now!)

-----------------------------
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

4. Pixie

Pixie New Member

I went through AAA to get mine. The only time I was actually at the dealership was to go in for a test drive and then to sign the paperwork and take delivery 7 months later. AAA directed me to the fleet sales manager at a specific dealership in my city. I called, mentioned that AAA referred me to him and he put me on the waiting list.

All told, I paid a little over 30k for an '05 with all options, exterior/interior sealant, gap insurance, and the maximum extended warranty.

5. aabbas

aabbas New Member

I just went through the AAA process here in California, and it doesn't seem to get you too much.

One dealer I spoke with, at Toyota 101, said that it didn't change the price at all... I already knew that this dealership had a policy of selling Prii at MSRP, and this guy said that since the Prius wasn't really part of the AAA program, he had no power to discount it.

Another dealer, Palo Alto, has a AAA discount schedule for the different models that varies from ~$300 to ~$400. I liked the sales guy pretty well too, so we ordered from them.

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hmm, not available in my current location through AAA Carolinas. Also not available back home through AAA Wisconsin.

Well at least I didn't miss out since I bought mine 2 months ago... but I'm still depressed that my loan is more than it should be. Grr!

I see a pharmacist and someone with a DNA strand in their avatar. I feel much less alone now- maybe I'm not the only bioscience geek who owns a Prius! :)

7. aabbas

aabbas New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"91646)</div>
    Nope, you're not. I'm a molecular biologist at Genentech. And actually, I'm from your neck of the woods, too- I grew up in Cary and went to NCSSM.

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    All right! I have a BSc in Mol Bio and Biochem.

I'm actually from Wisconsin, I'm just here for grad school. Getting my PhD in Pharmacology.

Genentech, eh? That's a big name company right now. Not a bad place from what I hear. You like it?

9. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I tried going through AAA here in Connecticut only as an afterthought. It would have been a deadend anyway. Of only the 3 Toyota dealerships listed (I've already talked with 2 of them and have a refundable deposit in with one of those), the only Toyota model which is NOT available to select on the drop down box is a Prius.

10. aabbas

aabbas New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"91710)</div>
    Sorry I didn't notice your post for a while- yeah, I like it a lot, it's great. I came here straight from my PhD, though... the only point of comparison I have with another company is an internship I did back in undergrad at Glaxo.

11. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Cool, thanks for the input. I plan on being on the job market in about 3 years if things turn out. Just trying to get an idea of what's out there.

After doing a PhD I don't think I'll want to do an academic postdoc... :roll:

12. isamp

isamp Junior Member

Cambria, California / Paradise, California
    When we ordered in May there were no dealers within 150 miles of here (Far Northern California) that would take the AAA discount, so we used the Costco Wholesale auto buyer discount of MSRP - $100 on Prius, on all other toyotas it would be Dealer invoice + $300.
    Very easy plus it is the Dealer that we use for service anyway