1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aaargh!!! TPMS Registration!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Rebound, May 17, 2016.

1. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Technically speaking, you really need to know all four (4) of the sensor ID numbers, whereas you can delete the incorrect entry and register the correct entry when you use Techstream. All four entry's must agree with the sensor's that are installed, otherwise the light will continue to be lit.

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So looks like my 0000000 hack may not work after all:(

On my Gen2 it does indeed turn off the TPMS light, but it seems like the effect is temporary. I will see how long the TPMS light stays off this time, but I believe it was over a week last time.

Also entering the same Code twice does not work, as the four codes entered must be unique.

So I appear to be out of ideas to turn off the TPMS light permanently, except the possible idea of entering zero codes for all four tires. The only other hack idea I have left is to buy a new TPMS and hook it up externally say to spare tire to turn off the TPMS light.