1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABG: In deep with Tesla CEO Elon Musk: Financials, Falcon doors and finding faults in the Model S

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by cwerdna, Sep 7, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Pretty good interview w/Musk.

In deep with Tesla CEO Elon Musk: Financials, Falcon doors and finding faults in the Model S
    The part about the molding almost reminds me of something that Steve Jobs would do/want.

JimN and efusco like this.
  2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hopefully there are enough people that appreciate quality to keep Tesla in business. I do like his attitude. The gripe against Deleorean was the warranty or fix it work that had to be done by the dealer because the cars were pushed through the factory.

3. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    By

Posted Sep 11th 2012 11:57AM

2012 Tesla Model S review with Video!

Engine:310 kW AC MotorPower:416 HP / 443 LB-FTTransmission:Single-Speed0-60 Time:3.9 SecondsTop Speed:130 MPHDrivetrain:Rear-Wheel DriveCurb Weight:4,647 LBSSeating:2+3+2MPG:89 MPGe (EPA)MSRP:$97,900 (base)
    2012 Tesla Model S [w/video]

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Didn't know about the delorean quality problems, but delorean was a auto company guy at a time where they pushed defects out the door. Musk is not an old automotive guy, but I'm sure he has taken lessons from Mercedes and Toyota (Lexus) on how to do quality as well as there money, plus that part of being in silicon valley and running a space program.

The big challenges for tesla are ramping up volume and getting costs down. They should be able to innovate and do quality control very well.