1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Abizaid says we could live with a "nucular" Iran

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Sep 18, 2007.

1. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Dr. B, do you really think the Iranian leadership would bring down their own destruction and that of their entire country? You're sorely stuck on this idea that the culture over there "prizes death". You're average business man doesn't strap a bomb to his chest and attack anyone. It's the religious extremists that do that.

Tell me, do you honestly think the leaders of Iran - those people who have spent their entire lives working towards the acquisition of power - would so easily throw it all away?

2. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 18 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]514454[/snapback]</div>
    Buy a book about the cold war. Fill in the russian names with persian names(remember persians aren't arabs, but we all knew that right?). That's what will happen.

Now answer my question. Will there be consequences with a pre-emptive "nucular" strike on Iran and what could they possibly be?

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 18 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]514420[/snapback]</div>
    Could he have possibly made those references based upon familiarity with your extensive posting history?

YES!!!

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Sep 18 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]514487[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, but you forget... MAD doesn't apply because everyone over there prizes and rewards death, and doesn't care about their lives or those of their families and friends... Sorry for paraphrasing you, Dr. B.

5. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Sep 18 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]514478[/snapback]</div>
    Right. And how many suicide bombers have appeared in that part of the world, and how many of them were sponsored in some way by Iran?

Example: Hezbollah suicide bomber kills 241 US Marines outside Beirut with a massive truck bomb. Hezbollah is sponsored by Iran.

Those people have a whole cult of suicide!

Harry

6. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 18 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]514401[/snapback]</div>
    Well the answer is that Iran would threaten Israel.

BTW Im not antisemitic.I support Israel to a point and am not necessarily against Israels use of preemptive force.
    But I am alarmed when zionist neocons such as Richard Perle,Paul Wolfowitz, William Krystal and Dr Berman etc ,propose US involvement in preemptive wars in Iraq and Iran IMO mainly to protect the security of Israel .

7. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthling @ Sep 18 2007, 03:39 PM) [snapback]514497[/snapback]</div>
    ... When it furthers their cause, you're right. I don't think that they see their complete destruction as their cause, however. How many high level mullahs have been suicide bombers? 0. They just manipulate the fools to enhance their power. You WONT EVER see one of them strap on C4 and go detonate themselves. Why? Because they're in power and enjoying it. That's why.

8. echase

echase New Member

What if Iran got the bomb, and nothing happened. Remember what a crisis it was going to be if Pakistan got the bomb?

I think the danger is much greater of some soviet leftovers wandering into one of our ports than a freshly brewed Iranian bomb.

Also, I'm not sure all-out regional war in the middle east would be such a bad thing. I'm sure the prius would be a lot more popular after gas hit $15/gallon! Who knows... it might even have a long-term impact on global warming :rolleyes:

Too bad we (the human race) seem to be too immature to find a better way. :(

9. n8kwx

n8kwx Member

Arlington Heights, IL - NW Chicago Suburb
    Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greenkeeper @ Sep 18 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]514657[/snapback]</div>
    Here's an better, long term way, to prevent them from building a bomb.

Declare energy independance and MEAN it.

I'm sure Iran can't afford to build a bomb without oil revenue. Selling Persian rugs just won't cut it...

10. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n8kwx @ Sep 19 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]514668[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you. But I think the Chinese might be happy to buy oil that we don't buy. But yes. Energy independence is the way to go.