1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell GUILTY 1st Degree

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Trebuchet, May 13, 2013.

?
  1. 1. Life Sentence?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 2. Abort his life?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Kermit Gosnell was found guilty on at least three counts of 1st Degree murder.

Sentencing phase next . . .

1. Life Sentence?
    2. Abort his life?

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not till he gets to hear and respond to the good news of the Gospels.

3. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For all 3628 religions? Sounds like C&U to me.

4. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The thief on the cross, eh? Good luck but I agree, give him a life sentence.

Corwyn: Yep, thousands of religions. Can you name which offers that the type of forgiveness? If so, can you manage to do so with maturity?

massparanoia, spiderman and Chuck. like this.
  5. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You mean ones that give a convicted murderer of babies, eternity in paradise as a reward for their crimes?

Why would anyone interested in crime prevention want such a thing? Why would any reasonable moral code value responding to the 'good news of the gospels' over the life of a baby? Wasn't this exactly the reward that we should all be rejoicing that those 20 kids gunned down in school got?

But to answer the question. None.

There are, of course, plenty that people claim do so. Those people have exactly zero evidence.

6. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's called a pardon.

In his "Bible Rage", Corwyn looks for instances Scripture endorses hate, even while giving a blind eye to a hundred admonitions of NOT to hate and ignoring Jesus' message of forgivness.

If you are driven enough, you can find anything you want - even when it's not really there.

I know you understand the difference - you have the IQ, but not the Emotional Intelligence.

Part of me wants to believe Corwyn is actually a Christian impersonating an atheist to drive people to Jesus. Between his flunking of Christianity 101 as evidenced on the quote and the hating, it would be really embarrassing if the real Corwyn is who he says he is.

7. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And exactly why do you want to pardon him?

Would you like to address my point, or do you just have ad hominem arguments?

8. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm addressing that Jesus is pardoning, not rewarding people for their sins. Not addressing Mr. Gosnell's sentence on that.

That you claim Jesus is rewarding people for their sins is a basic misunderstanding of Christianity - that's factual and in no way ad hominem at that point. It's embarrassing - does not matter if you are honestly clueless (unlikely) or just hating (what you seem to be doing)...this is a step beyond rejecting it.

As to the fate of Kermit Gosnell, I'm not that familiar with his role as an abortion provider, so to be fair I'm not ready to opin if he gets life or death.

spiderman likes this.
  9. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And why do you want that? Why should 'responding to the good news' be sufficient to change a sentence of eternal torment to one of eternal bliss? What would it do to our secular system of judgement if people really believed all this? We had people flying planes into buildings based on the secure knowledge that they would get eternal bliss for it. Why would we want to encourage that?

Do you just not understand what the words 'ad hominem' mean? I did provide a link. You say you aren't engaging in ad hominem and your very next sentence is another example.

10. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's one thing you reject Jesus' plan of Salvation for everybody - we all have a right to disagree.

When you misstate it and resort to hating is the point of opening yourself to ad hominem...instead of getting upset about that, don't you think a dispassionate argument might have been a better tact? ;)

To emphasis how you are begging for an ad hominem attack, you mention 9/11 terrorists expecting to get rewards in Heaven in the last post. They were Muslim terrorists - not Christians. This is a variation of Godwin's law - attempting to compare oranges to really rotting apples. And you are shameless enough to say something as ridiculous as that again. Jesus for instance, stopped Peter from cutting off one's ear - absolutely opposed to violence to achieve ends

11. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Corwyn needs help with his arguments, as evidenced in his inability to state the basic precepts of Christianity, then lump them in with Islamic terrorists.

A better one would have been: "Why should a secular court care if Kermit Gosnell is told about the Gospel of Jesus Christ during the trial?"

spiderman likes this.
  12. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry Chuck. You are just to filled with hate and aggression to have a intellectual discussion with. 'begging for an ad hominem'? Seriously? Plonk.

Go read your bible. *All* of it this time.

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    WHY can we not have the simplest of discussions without it being about religion?

massparanoia and Chuck. like this.
  14. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Because some people are hell-bent on being intolerant, and don't want to play fair.

Chuck. likes this.
  15. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And here I thought it was you, never missing an opportunity to bring up your beliefs, even when it has nothing to do with the discussion. But no, it's because others are intolerant and unfair. Riiiiight. And - bonus! - you get to wave the persecution flag again. <insert facepalm smiley here>

16. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nothing to do with the discussion? This man's life could potentially end with the death sentence, shouldn't he know that he could have forgiveness for the atrocities he committed and everlasting life with his creator by simply asking for forgiveness and putting his trust and faith in His son. I think that is very relevant even if you don't. <hands together praying>

17. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Projection. Projection. Projection.

Why don't you read all the works of Darwin, Dawkins, Hitchens?

To paraphrase your sig.

You only get one life.
    Your life expectancy is 85 years, less that you have already lived
    less eight hours a day
    less the hours you must work
    less hours for other chores.

....don't waste it all with senseless bickering on religion.

18. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I take that comment as seriously as responding after repeated attacks on one of my family members and you call me "hateful."

You hate Christianity to the point you can't factually state very common precepts....don't have to believe it, but you disbelieve it soooo much you can't resist twisting the facts.

19. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is that really why you brought religion into the conversation Spidey?

20. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You think he is going to read about it here? Why not go talk to him yourself, instead?