1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

About to Buy without a Test Drive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DRock0904, May 7, 2013.

1. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is that grey or silver? Anyway it looks nice. (y)

Keep track of your MPH MPG over a week or two and see how it goes, it seems to be a pretty good indicator of the car's general health. Bear in mind though, that it sometimes takes a little bit of getting used to driving a Prius before you get the best out of it.

2. DRock0904

DRock0904 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would call it silver.. I think the true color name is Millennium Silver. Yeah! I really like the looks of it. No scratches or dings that I could find.

I am still trying to figure out the display and how it tracks my MPG and stuff. What is the range I am looking for? 46-48 highway(that's where most of my commute is)?

3. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    With the 2005 model it detects when you put in more than 3 gal of fuel, and automatically resets the MPG data (this is the miles traveled and MPG obtained over that distance) as displayed on the MFD "trip info" screen.

The MPG to expect will depend on the speed and terrain you're driving in, as well as the temperature and length of trips. Over a 5 minute trip (from cold) it's very hard to do better than about 40 MPG, but once the engine is warmed up you can usually get 50 MPG fairly easily. If you have to do a lot of fast driving at about 70+ MPH then it also knocks the fuel economy back down to the lower 40's. So it will depend a lot on how and where you drive, but yeah somewhere around high 40's seem like a reasonable target.

4. FriarNurgle

FriarNurgle Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You should get some huge silver balls to hang out the back to match your own.

Hasan likes this.
  5. DRock0904

DRock0904 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This.