1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

About to grind charge for first time, couple questions...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ChaseE, Mar 2, 2022.

1. ChaseE

ChaseE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Using a meanwell 350ma 257v power supply to trickle charge my pack, have it all wired up, but testing the 300v 10a voltmeter I purchased seems off by +/- 5v so I'm leary off relying on it...could I just charge till it reads 235v and then just check once an hour turning the car to accessory so I can get a more accurate read from the Dr. Prius app via my obdii scanner?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My buddy Raj just delivered my charger on his magic carpet EV.. I’m charging at 2.4 Amps to 335 max I think it is . You charge till there’s no changes for 5 seconds on the meter . So my pack got to 265 V and stayed theyre I left it 60 seconds with no climb. On my custom charger I just turn off leave connected and watch display after 12 hours it was at like 236.. this battery I’m testing is a greentec lotsa build up on some plate nuts etc .nothing got warm at all during charging .usually wen bad things happening during charging Heat is generated ..

3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You can test and adjust the voltmeter and Meanwell if you are so inclined.

https://www.insightcentral.net/threads/olrowdy01-v2-grid-charger-build-illustrated.126021/post-1457006

Also study a bit more on balancing the battery.

Can I borrow your battery charger/balancer/reconditioner? | Page 7 | PriusChat

#3 alftoy, Mar 3, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  4. ChaseE

ChaseE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Charged overnight, just got done from an hour drive running her hard, sat idle in park for a few minutes to let the pack settle...anyone have any insight? To me it looks like bank 1 and 14 maybe have some corrosion on wiring or busbars causing higher resistance, which would correlate to the voltage being highest on those?

Attached Files: