ABS Accumulator Prius V and Regular Prius Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by JayRock_PHX, Sep 7, 2019.

1. JayRock_PHX

JayRock_PHX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    ok so I’ve changed my fair share of Prius second gen leaking abs like some of these 2010 and now some 2012-2015 Prius.

I have a V and Toyota dealer confirmed that the abs CSP just released does cover the Prius V at all. Pretty stupid because i have the exact issue and it’s only at 114k.

Anyways I’m having some issues trying to find out if the standard Prius ABS Accumlator (twin round cylinder thing) will interchange with the “Prius V” specifically 2012 located below the brake abs unit that goes to your brake pedal.

I can’t seem to get a straight answer. Previously with the gen2 I could interchange pretty much any of the years in the gen2 range but usually went for the later model to eliminate future problems.

Has anyone changed their Prius V Accumlator pump (twin cylinder thing) I’m trying to find out if the standard Prius unit will work or do I have to get specifically the “Prius V” one. Please see the attached picture for the unit I am referring to.

93B87148-0965-4668-AF3D-F1C4200FD755.jpeg

2. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I am working on this same problem now 2013 v. Have the junkyard pump now off 2012 prius. Will have this done sometime next week.

3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I still haven't done the install..... But will soon. And I think this will be valuable info for v owners.
    If it doesn't work we will know. I got one off a 2012 prius 70,000 miles $90.00

4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Have you done anything on this... I still haven't as I have 5 vehicles...but the pump is running a lot...drove it today

5. JayRock_PHX

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Someone else posted in a different thread that it was the same. But I been waiting for a definite answer before purchasing. I’ve already replaced the regular Prius and just the pump assembly itself I think shud fit. Meaning the two round cylinder things you see.

6. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    any update?
    Thanks

7. JayRock_PHX

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Man I apologize. I been so busy with everything else like repairs for other people I haven’t even had a chance to jump on my own deals. Stupid question but Do you happen to have an accumulator off a Prius v? Because I have one off a regular Prius that I just replaced and have the customers busted one and we can try and compare ? Lol

8. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Same here......I have the parts but haven't tore into it yet...

9. JayRock_PHX

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    **** I found a good deal on a real low miles unit and I really need this confirmed. **** nice person hell