1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS actuator additional noise under car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JohnnyJ, May 12, 2020.

1. JohnnyJ

JohnnyJ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good evening. I have read through many of the postings here about the issues with gen 2 actuators. My 08 prius has near 160k and actuator is cycling more and more often, no lights or codes yet. Heres my question, when the actuator makes it noise in the engine compartment, I also get an additional noise under the car. I jacked up vehicle and this additrional noise happens as the actuator makes its cycle noise. I have looked at the diagram for the brake system and my best guess is that possibly when the actuator cycles I may have a brake line that is loose and making a thump noise against the body? I don't believe it has anything to do with the gas tank pressure system, but as I crawled under car the sound does sound like it may be between gas tank and body. I have had the car for a couple of years and thought this secondary noise was something besides actuator - now the noise only happens when actuator is cycling. Any thoughts? Thank you