1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS and yellow triangle on after removing head unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jarrod m, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Jarrod m

Jarrod m Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So on my 2011 Prius I had the "insert map dvd" error and I tried disconnecting the 12v battery yesterday which didn't fix it, but the car drove fine and no errors. Today I removed the head unit in an attempt to clean the lens which also didn't work but now after putting everything back together and powering on the car I had the yellow triangle and the screen said "check hybrid system". Also the ABS and traction control lights were on. I used my cheap scanner to pull the codes and there no codes present. I still cleared the codes and the yellow triangle and warning went away, however the ABS and traction control lights are still on. I drove the car about 140 miles in one sitting and it drives like normal and the yellow triangle didn't come back but I'm concerned about the ABS light. Is there a way that removing the head unit could have caused this?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not directly, but the only thing i can think is check all the wiring back there to see if anything got disturbed.