1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS, brake, (!) and VSC Lights On

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stephanie Parsons, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Stephanie Parsons

Stephanie Parsons Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The lights for brake, ABS, (!) and VSC light. I've check my 12V bolt (charged at 12V), I've topped all my fluids and I tried using a paperclip in my OBD2 port (top 5th from the right and bottom 4th from the right) + pushing brake 8 times and I cannot seem to clear the warning lights. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You may have a brake accumulator failure (which can happen in older Prius cars). There should be a code for that, gotta read the codes to find out more

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And if you don't have a code reader handy, you can just count the lights blinking on the dash (instead of pressing the brake eight times) when you have the OBD2 port jumpered as above.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My abs low pressure fail did not keep car from readying I don't believe.lights and fine brakes 24 months. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere I had one front caliper working and nothing else change the accumulator actuator lights off all calipers working brakes bled 300 bucks.