1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS BRAKE ISSUES, Shutdown of Regen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by odinaf, Feb 8, 2019.

1. odinaf

odinaf New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So I bought a 05 Prius From our shop, hybrid battery is good, each cell is at 15.3 v. But I noticed a few issues. Only the Left Side Regen system is working in any condition. The parking brake (manual brake) is broken off, I'm trying to replace it and alldata says its only 0.8 hours to do, but it looks like the brake assembly comes off and I can't see doing it without ripping the whole dash out.

This is leading to another problem which is C1343 Fault in Hydraulic system RR.

Someone did the rear brake prior and I was thinging air in the system, but I can't get the brakes to bleed with scan tool until the parking brake is fixed.

Thoughts, tricks?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    the regen takes place in the tranny/inverter/ battery. there are no sides.

if you are going to diy, best to get a copy of tech stream, and a subscription to the service manual at tech info.toyota.com

all the best!(y)

3. odinaf

odinaf New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So when braking if you look, I only have left side regen, I'm wondering since the fault is on the right side of the car if the right regen has been disabled. Which would exsplain the 35mpg I'm getting even with a engine air block. It seems like the car is having a issue charing the hybrid batteries but each cell is reporting a average 15.6v charge.

Attached Files:

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think I would compare the "Solus Edge" PID definitions to those of Toyota Techstream, before I'd become fully convinced that my car had left and right flavors of regen.

fuzzy1 likes this.
  5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I must question whether the FR and FL mean Right/Left at all.

As others have pointed out, Regen has no Right or Left. It all happens in a single center unit.

Complete loss of regeneration -- center, right, left, whatever -- cannot explain 35 MPG.