1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS/BRAKE/Traction Lights after plugging in OBD2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by aquatikjustice, Oct 12, 2020.

1. aquatikjustice

aquatikjustice New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I need a little help here. 2012 Prius.

I have a T-Mobile SyncUp Drive that's been plugged into my OBD2. For a couple months or so, it's been randomly rebooting/failing. I've had to unplug it, cool it off if it's hot, then plug it back in more and more during this time. Today, it did the same thing and after I plugged it back in, the ABS/BRAKE/Traction Control lights lit up. I tried unplugging it, shutting off the car, resetting by unplugging the battery, etc. Nothing is resetting those lights.

So I drove it home (everything was fine minus the brakes feeling different, and the cruise control wouldn't work (it just flashed off and on every few seconds). Got it home, plugged in my Carista and it was powered, but Torque Pro said it couldn't connect to the ECU. Any thoughts? I wasn't able to see any loose wires or anything after removing the black bottom plastic panel. Wiring issue? Blown fuse? OBD2 port just bit the dust?

I'm at a loss and I drive 80 hours a week for DoorDash as the only household earner, so any downtime is a serious concern.