1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Abs break C0210 c0125 c1238 1239 ++

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by capolihu, Jun 8, 2019.

1. capolihu

capolihu Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I know there are lots of topics around and I already pre-advised my problem with an expert, but I wonder if someone had the exact same aspect of planets.

Recently got the two rear wheel bearings replaced, but maybe a week before that in the rainy season my ABS light went on along with the others (see in the pic). Then, the the alerts disappeared.

Replacing the w.b. did not help as it came back just after that. There was lots of rain, but I'm not confident it has anything to do with it.
    Today is pretty sunny but lights are on, but after a while they go off. Not sure why. I did some TS stuff, see the pics.
    I got an appointment later next week, but any educated guess? Wiring? ECU? I'm about to follow the cic2013xx.pdf tomorrow, maybe I find something (I don't have an oscilloscope.. )
    Thnaks! IMG_20190608_194308_906.jpeg IMG_20190608_194312_201.jpeg IMG_20190608_120903.jpeg IMG_20190603_192457.jpeg IMG_20190603_192718.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It seems like you're checking all the right things. The left rear reading 0 when all three others read 29 is kind of a striking data point. :)

In terms of likelihoods, wiring connectors are outdoors and corrode; wiring can get damaged; ECUs live in boxes indoors and are solid state with no moving parts; it's not completely unheard of for them to go bad, but that's more of a coin-lands-on-edge possibility.

3. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I would explore the possibility of disassembling that connector for a good cleaning and polishing of the contacts, then weatherproofing both ends with some silicone sealer.

4. capolihu

capolihu Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hm, OK, thanks.
    The wheel bearing comes with new speed sensor? Or they might put the old one in? I haven't seen one yet.
    If I disassemble and clean that connector, should I clear the codes? I fear those are there for a long time and only the RL has some problems. Or will it clear by itself if no more detection after a while? I'm asking it because the last time I checked with TS, the codes were there, but all the four got proper speed data, the ABS ligh was off.. The light goes on I guess only when indded no actual data from one of the sensors.

Why does the ASR?/TCS lamp is on as well at the left side? Isn't that only for the front wheels?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any time the speeds of all four wheels don't make sense together, there could be a traction problem, no?

6. capolihu

capolihu Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I might getting closer, but still need some expertise!
    Where do I physically find the A58 (Skid ECU) connector? I am having difficulty finding a proper guide also how to replace the wire harnesses. I almost read through the 75xx pages of the repair manual, but found only a vague image..

One of the leg of the RL and RR speed sensor corrector gives 5MOhm resistance the other 166 Ohom to the ground. Are those normal? They should be higher than 10kOhm, not?

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Skid ECU connector is no fun to get to. Windshield wipers and cowl come out.

If the "75xx pages of the repair manual" that you're talking about is the one somebody put together with "print-to-file" with no contents or headings and all the sections in the wrong order, start at the front and do a string search for REMOVE OUTER COWL TOP PANEL. There's no better way of getting around in that mess.

capolihu likes this.
  8. capolihu

capolihu Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, yeah, I suspected it is there.. Then I leave it to the mechanics who replaced the wheel bearings, maybe that it.