1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS code C0215 will not reset

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by hsteinbe, Jun 7, 2021.

1. hsteinbe

hsteinbe New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2010... with a C0215 code. First attempt I replaced the hub and ABS sensor, code would not reset. So
    I ordered the wiring harness and replaced that - from the ABS sensor to up inside the car. Still have a C0215 and when I try to reset the code it says "Faults were successfully reset, but came back"....
    Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Douglas cadete

Douglas cadete New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have exactly the same problem. I replaced the speed sensor and check all the wiring all the way to the anti skid module and is all within limits.
    Did you have success fixing it? How did you do it?
    Thanks

3. hsteinbe

hsteinbe New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I did not have success in fixing this. And while I was working on this the car it was totaled in an unrelated accident.
    There is a Prius sub on Reddit and the consensus there is that this is a Toyota fault and it needs to be part of a recall. The part that needs to be replaced is a controller under the hood and costs a few thousand dollars to change out. Some people have had success getting a dealer to change the part and have Toyota pay for it, others have not had success.

4. Douglas cadete

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I find strange having to replace a whole box (module) as most drivers have only 1 speed sensor fault code and Toyota tends to be good in building quality.
    I done a continuity and resistance check on the harness that connects to the speed sensor. The resistance should be less than 1 ohm. The resistance value is just over that 1.04. I am starting to think is the harness resistance that is high upsetting the signal values sent to anti skid ecu.

5. hsteinbe

hsteinbe New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's the module... I know that is not what you want to hear, but it is the module... :(

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A gold-standard check might be to find or borrow an oscilloscope, backprobe it in at the connector to the ECU, and watch the waveform when you jack up the wheel and spin it.

7. Douglas cadete

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you made all the effort to do all the dismantling to get access to the anti skid module and probe it with an oscilloscope you better just drive the car and do a proper check all do way around to 19 mph as per troubleshooting manual instead of jacking up the car.
    By driving you can pay attention to interruptions in the signal.