1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS Codes C1253, C1364, C1365-Corrosion?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jerry G., Nov 8, 2016.

1. Jerry G.

Jerry G. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all,

So my knowledge of ABS systems is limited, but I have scoured the forum and researched the whole ABS issue and as it stands I am questioning whether the ABS pump is bad. I can hear the relays click and turn the pump on and off, but the pedal looses pressure if depressed, and upon the pump coming on I can feel the pedal coming up slowly.

I say this because the ABS-1 fuse was blown (10a in place of a 25a) and upon disassembly of the pump connector, I saw corrosion on some of the pins and connector, which could likely be the issue?

Prior to tearing down to the pump, I purchased a good used unit from a reliable Prius parts source here in Rancho Cordova, Ca.that I get my parts from. The original pump has the newer flat top as does my replacement. Million dollar question is do I go through the trouble of replacing the existing pump, or do I chance cleaning the connector/plug and reassemble things again to test it to see if it works, all to avoid the replacement and bleed down of the system? I do have TechStream V9.3.002, but have never done a ABS accumulator replacement on a Prius.

Patrick, if you could chime in, or other Prius gurus and offer your expert opinion, it would be greatly appreciated :)

2. PapaWill

PapaWill Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any luck Jerry G?