1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS fault when not started immediately but fine otherwise

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by 2000blueprius, Mar 17, 2018.

1. 2000blueprius

2000blueprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    I have a 2000 prius uk. When it is started to ready immediately upon putting the key in the ABS light goes out and it works fine.

If I put the key to on, wait 10s then start the car the ABS light flashes, PS comes up on the screen and the brake pedal is very spongy. I cannot read any codes from the ABS module when this happens but on taking they key out then restarting the ABS module has no error codes.

The PS also has a problem of worn torque sensors. This can through up a code, lead to shaking and sometimes the PS stops working completely. There are no other error codes.

I have tried a new battery but this made no difference. I can't find anyone with a similar problem. Anyone got an idea for a way forward/solution? Cheers.

2. 2000blueprius

2000blueprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    I've pulled all the fuses and relays and some were a little dirty but nothing much. I gave the abs sol relay a tap just to shake it up. Seems ok now.

My guess if anything would be an abs sol relay problem as I think it is completely losing power and I expect it to return soon. If it does I'll try just the relay again and probably open it up/fix/replace.