1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS light a constant flash - 2001 model

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by TexomaEV, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TexomaEV

TexomaEV Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Recently, (luckily after the kiddo took her driving test) the ABS light constantly flashes at a steady non- patterned flash. Other than it just continues to flash, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Once in awhile it will not flash from a restart, but lately it's flashing more than not when restarted. Any ideas? I had hoped it would flash a certain pattern in order to help you to troubleshoot the error.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not sure what it means with a regular flash outside of test mode. (It's probably in the manual, but my manual's not with me.)

On the other hand, in test mode it will give you a patterned flash that you can read as two-digit codes (e.g. blink blink ... blink blink blink would be 23). Multiple two-digit codes will be output with longer pauses between the codes. You know you've seen them all when it cycles back to the first one you wrote down.

You can get it into test mode by putting a jumper wire between TC and CG (pins 13 and 4) at the diagnostic connector, and turning the ignition ON.

The manual shows the correspondence between these two-digit codes and the five-character codes used as OBD-II trouble codes, and also what they mean. You can post the codes here once you have them.

-Chap

scotman27 and TexomaEV like this.