1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS (!) light after hub assy replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Scott Blackwood, May 18, 2021.

1. Scott Blackwood

Scott Blackwood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I replaced the right front wheel hub assembly last weekend. Now, whenever I get over 60 MPH the ABS (!) light comes on. It will turn off again after I come to a stop, then good until 60+ MPH. I'm guessing I got the sensor hole in the dust cap misaligned slightly. Can I get a confirmation before disassembling the whole danged thing again? What is the proper alignment? Centered?

2. Kultamine

Kultamine New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the EXACT same problem down to the RH side. I was extremely careful to align the oval hole in the dust cap with the sensor, but whoever had the wheel hub off before did not install a dust cap. Near as I can tell there is no dust cap on the LH side, either, so that may be part of the problem if the new dust cap on the right side affected the voltage sensed by the speed sensor.

I saw a recommendation here to "Recalibrate the ABS, look for post #15. I might try too get my barely bootable XP up and running and have a go at finding whether there is such a thing on Gen2's.

Attached is a technical manual that may help us troubleshoot the speed sensor.

2005 Prius 228,000

Attached Files: