1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS Light is still on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Franky Southside, Jun 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Franky Southside

Franky Southside New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2009 Prius that lost its brakes a few days ago. I had a mechanic come down and he said the back cylinder had broke. Both back brake systems were replaced and there was no fluid leakage. The brakes were bled until there was no more air in the lines. But the abs light and brake light is still on and I still have no back brakes. Anyone know what this could be??

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Many use a hybrid compatible OBD2 scanning device, the best being a "mini-vci" cable with Techstream (dealer level tech software).

You can also buy a OBD2 bluetooth/wifi adapter and an App like Dr. Prius or Hybrid Assistant.

Here is a link to help you pick out a usable OBD2 adapter : Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you don't already have such an animal, just reading the blink codes from the brake computer can be an option. It doesn't give you as much information, but in a situation like this, it may get you a code that indicates some simple step that's been overlooked.