1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS lights on after rear wheel hub replacement. Is there a reset?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by rpjarader, Mar 19, 2017.

1. rpjarader

rpjarader New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ABS lights on after rear wheel hub replacement. Is there a reset set-up we need to go through? We posted similar to this issues a few days ago. Went through the breaks and checked the connector. Everything looks okay. Is there a reset step that I need to go through?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You can try disconnecting in 12 v negative wire. Leave it off for a bit then reconnect it. This should clear the codes. If they come back, there is still a problem.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    For peace of mind, I'd go through the sensor test procedure in the repair manual; I think it's given as the last step after hub bearing replacement. Involves putting the car in a special mode and then driving in a straight line for a certain distance at a certain speed.

If any codes are logged after that, they'll indicate what the trouble is.

When I replaced a rear bearing on my Gen 1, I had to try the test twice, because I was on a shortish piece of street and on my first try I didn't accelerate hard enough to reach the specified speed before running out of street.

-Chap

Samprocat likes this.