1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS lights on and no brakes?!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by salsajosh, Oct 9, 2022.

1. salsajosh

salsajosh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As I was riding down the freeway on cruise control all of a sudden my ABS and traction lights came on, as well as the E brake light. I lost pressure in my brakes and now I have to push a lot harder to brake. I tried the paperclip trick on start up but still didnt work. The next day the lights went away and my brakes worked fine. Then the next day they came back. Any insight on this one? Thanks!

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    get abs codes read

3. salsajosh

salsajosh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How do I do that?

4. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    abs code reader

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Innova scanner purchase at Advance auto.autel etc this is how it should be you have all those lights on and no brakes. I had all those lights on and really good brakes for 2 years until they finally failed and I could warrant fixing was really weird.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you do not have a scan tool handy that can show your brake codes, you can start shopping for one to have next time, but don't wait for that before getting your codes this time.

Without a scan tool, you can still get your brake codes simply by placing a short jumper wire between the Tc and CG terminals of your car's diagnostic port, and counting the blinks of the lights on the dash. A quick search of the forums here will find you posts with more details on how to do that.