1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS Loud Clicking Sound

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RedUgPri, Nov 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RedUgPri

RedUgPri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I choose to look at CCA while battery shopping for a couple different reasons despite th Prius not needing to crank anything. The most important reason is my battery is very rarely going to see temperatures of 80°F. RC info is helpful but doesn't give me a real world expectations of battery life at lower temperatures. Its also impossible to calculate the RC difference with out knowing the exact construction and chemistry of the battery. Batteries with higher CCA are better suited and built for cold temperatures, so a battery with high CCA and RC will prove to be the best choice in my situation. CCA is just as important to look at as the RC as CCA directly correlates to how well the battery preforms in low temperatures. If the battery is less resistant to cold its RC is going to decline more rapidly with lower temperates. A battery that can do both will be the best battery. The battery I want and plan to get has 800CCA and a 130 min RC.

2. Christina.cmb

Christina.cmb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi. Having same issues as you. Wondering if changing your battery ever helped?