1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS pump replacement - now, won't start?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kevin Lester, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Kevin Lester

Kevin Lester Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good tip! I've got the Noco Genius 5 ready for when I start the bleed - is 5A enough of a charge?

2. Kevin Lester

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Alright! Bled the lines at each wheel - let them run a bit extra to purge the old fluid, and kept the reservoir topped off. Started the car, no codes. Drove it around the block a few times. Times brakes work great, no codes popping up yet. I'll drive it tentatively a bit later, just to make sure that the hybrid battery system etc. isn't showing signs of trouble.

But, I'm feeling pretty good about this.

#22 Kevin Lester, Nov 6, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
  3. Kevin Lester

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome - it seems to be driving just fine. I'll keep a close watch on it over the next couple weeks.

In the meantime - onward to the belt and the water pump! (then, fluids, filters, washer pumps....) :)

Thank you all so much! If you ever make it to Tucson, beers on me.

JohnPrius3005 likes this.
  4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Kevin,

Did you use the Autel AP200? If so, did you like the format it used? I've been thinking about buying one also, to go along with my techstream.