1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS sensor issue - Anyone know this stuff

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tsiegel, Jul 19, 2011.

1. tsiegel

tsiegel New Member

I found this document on the internet also. I am afraid I don't know if that makes my situation any clearer. I will take it to the mechanic and they will try to reset the code to see if that works and if it doesn't I will have a new sensor put on. I just don't know if I should be making a fuss about having to pay for the new sensor. I don't want to be unfair, but I don't want to pay for it if it was their doing.

2. Agape

Agape Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it requires part, then pay for it.
    If it requires alignment of the position or reset of the code then it's down to them to decide, all what you can do is I suppose ask for discount. G. luck.
    I have removed the link now.

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'd give the mechanic a chance to make it right without buying the part first. It could be something simple, like not being bolted down all the way or bent so as to be too far from the tone ring, or a connection problem. You could also suggest that they install a salvage sensor on their dime, rather than a new one on yours.