1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Abs svc two ! And parking break all on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gino Veltri, May 15, 2023.

1. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So this all happened after replacing both front wheel bearings and I wish the title said it all. My speedometer was also not working at all, and the ride just felt weird, like I was riding on a bumble strip during part of my commute. I jumped pins 4 & 13 but instead of getting blink codes, the lights just reset themselves. I really hope I didn’t get the wrong ports. Now the speedometer works in the parking brake light isnt on but all the other lights came back pretty quick. I made pretty damn sure I got the ABS sensor back through the hole in the collar the way it was when I got it out , I’m not entirely sure about the brake pads orientation.
    It’s worth noting my P1121 has now turned into a P1116, I don’t know what the hell that means. Help

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you insist on trying to fix these cars, maybe you should get a more capable scantool and a copy of the factory service manual.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The manual has all kinds of neat stuff like assembly procedures for the brake pads, torque specs, diagnostic procedure for P1116, (plus whatever other codes you have in the brake system).

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hel
    helpful

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    And we have a wiki page that is all about the different ways you can get it:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat