1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS, traction and brake lights turned on and regeneration not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Muhammad Bilal Zaheer, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Muhammad Bilal Zaheer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hey Guys i need help. I have a 2010 Prius and recently while on my way from office the lights turned on. The regenerative brake stopped working and it does not charge the battery now the bar does not move. I tried resetting it with multiple ways but none of them worked and the lights remain open. The oil maintenance requirement also came on screen but i removed it with reset and that is fine but these light and regeneration wont work!
    What should I do now? Is it a abs break prob or break actuator problem?

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What lights?????
    Do you have a code reader?
    If one of the abs sensors go out, you will lose the regen braking.
    But, you need to use a code reader, or techstream to find out where the problem is.

3. Muhammad Bilal Zaheer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Traction control abs and brake lights. Sure i will try using the code reader

4. Bondo007PA

Bondo007PA New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 2011 had 258,000 on it and I had to do my rear bearings twice in 1 year for same issue as dealer kept saying wheel bearings bad, actually the ABS sensor is bad which is included in the bearing hub assy. I replaced mine, easy job, and after the second round I found that my issue was the ABS sensor wiring harness. If you gently, and I mean gently pull on the wires at the ABS sensor after you remove the outer plastic cap, my wires came right out of the sensor, so they were not making good contact. I had left rear go and 6 months later the right rear go. You have to remove a lot of plastic shields in rear of car to get to the plug inside the fenders, but that fixed my issues. I also noticed that you can easily pop off the ABS sensor cap on the wheel bearing and replace that. I tested this with the 4 spares I had and they all worked just fine after I replaced the harness. Just something to think about. Good luck..

Eric Earley likes this.