1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS/VSC/BRAKE LIGHT

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dng7, Mar 27, 2023.

1. dng7

dng7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have a 2008 base prius, 193K miles on it. New hv battery in it back in 2019, new 12v in 2022.

I have had the VSC, ABS, and Brake light coming on for a few weeks when I would turn the car on. There would be a long beep then it would shut off. I would notice this keep happening but couldn't get any codes since it would eventually turn off. Then I realized that if I took the parking break off, during these long beeps, my car would roll a few feet, with no effect from me holding down the brake with my foot.

Eventually, the lights came on and stayed on. I suspected that it was the brake actuator, long before the lights, since I would hear the hissing sound going off every 15-30 seconds when my car was on.

I purchased a FOXWELL NT630Plus and checked the codes. I got C1-249 , C1-256, and C1-391.

I suspect that C1-249 is due to the other two codes lighting up.

For the codes C1-256, and C1-391, I assume that I need the brake actuator part? like this one from ebay: " 2004-2009 TOYOTA PRIUS HYBRID ABS BRAKE PUMP SYSTEM HYDRAULIC ANTI LOCK OEM "

Is there any way for me to check to ensure I'm getting the right part/all of the parts I need before ordering and installing myself? I would like to save money, so going to a dealer for them to do something that I'm not thinking of, would not be ideal for me.

Anything would help. Thanks!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I Believe on the Gen 2 white sticker black letter and you're looking for the numerals 44510-47050 yeah that's correct That's what you're looking for now buying them used is tricky because usually junk yards have no idea what was working on the car they didn't see it when it came in with a battery in it and it was working and whatever generally speaking lot of times it's not happen so make sure you can return it It is a royal pain in the nice person but such as life

dng7 likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It doesn't seem to be that kind of a code really. Looks more like something to do with an open stop light switch circuit.