1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS ,VSC , BREAK RED LIGHT INDICATOR

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Vanne, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Vanne

Vanne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone

Could you please advised me how to fix this error as in attached image it show me after I change 4 tire a few days ago

Thank you for help

Attached Files:

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looks like one or all of the tire tpms sensors failed or didn't make it to the new tires. The battery's in the tpms only last 9-11 years.
    The batteries are not serviceable they come built into the sensor.
    New tpms sensors can be found on amazon.com there denso's. New sensors require Techstream software to register them with the car.

There's a few tpms youtubes.

And the ABS-VSC nag is usually caused by one or more abs speed sensors damaged or mis-aligned. There's one at each wheel. You need Techstream software to find which wheel is complaining.

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Get miniVCI from Amazon/ebay ($25-$30).

A laptop is required for installation. Ideally a spare Windows 32 bit Operating System (XP, Vista, 7). Many threads on installation help (Win 32bit, Win 64bit, Mac), just search the Internet.

Once you have both (miniCVI and a laptop), you can get the codes and proceede from there.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh and I forgot. If you have different size tires around the car it will put the ABS and VSC out of whack.