1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS warning lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PhilWray, Jun 3, 2018.

1. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Chap's comment got me looking into this further, as the line I quoted, was directly from the manual.

I do accept that, just as Chap says, C1259 really means "hey, go read codes from the HV ECU.".

To add to our collective understanding I will also add this, as – at least I – found it interesting.

The service manual only references C1259 twice, in relation to blink codes. Interestingly blink codes 58 and 59 both map to C1259.

When the blink code is 58, it maps to C1259-150 and means basically, as Chap has stated, "hey, go read codes from the HV ECU." and specifically a regeneration malfunction.

However when the blink code is 59 it maps to C1259 with no INF code and specifically means the power switch is ON (READY) with the HV battery service plug disconnected.

Hope you all found it as interesting as I did, this is one case where the blink codes are more informative than the DTC.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    C1253 is a generic code that tells you that you have a Hydro Booster Pump Motor Relay Malfunction. You will need to dig into the FF data to find the INF code for that one. There are 7 scenarios associated with that code and then the corresponding troubleshooting steps that follow on from each one.

3. RP67

RP67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Hi All, the car running fine ever since. we did something like 1000km recently in town so starts and stops.
    However On the success of this I was checking our other Prius (with 460k km) because every time when turned to ready, the brake related warning lights (plus the red triangle illuminated too) stayed on for lot longer than the other one. I checked the codes. C1253-134, also in the FFdata (thanks for you guys I check this one too) MTT value was 0 rather than the suggested value. I moved the inverter to access to the ABS module for inspection and followed the service manual, I checked the resistance on the relevant pins (on the unit). It supposed to be 33 Ohm and I have 500 ohm. I guess that is my issue...
    Is there anyone can confirm the resistance on the ABS modul plug, between 33 and one of the top large pins is 33 Ohm on a good unit? Also I read about the part numbers and in my understanding the last three digits are indicates the age of the component like 44500-47080 is older than 44500-47080. am I correct on this?

4. RP67

RP67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech

I mean the part number 44500-47050 is older than 44500-47080....

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A followup on this thread concerning the few 'mystery' blink codes that can't be found in some editions of the Gen 2 manual (36 on ECB, 42 on ABS, 43 or 45 on VSC): more here.