1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Rick_Fullerton

Rick_Fullerton New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey guys and gals! I'm a newbie here, but i'm looking for answers/help about this problem I have with my 2010 prius. So my sister has been using my car for a couple of months and she told me she popped the front right passenger side tire and she got it changed at a tire shop, but a wire was hanging out so they tucked it in because they didn't know what it was. I get the car back and see the abs light is on, so I set up an appointment at the dealership and take it in the next day. While waiting they tell me the harness is all messed up and that unfortunately this harness leads to the engine and its going to cost me $3,000+ to get it done. So i'm wondering if the harness does lead up to the engine and should it cost that much to repair it?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    #2 xliderider, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Please take it to another dealer who can better handle an electrical repair. I have been trying to retrofit DRLs and finding parts, ie harnesses has been difficult, if not impossible. Toyota has a whole section on harness repair, but I must say sometimes the repair info just says to replace harness.

As xliderider points out most parts are not that expensive...

SCH-R530M ?

4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd really be surprised if a repair connector isn't available just to repair the ABS sensor. I know other manufacturers have them.

5. TKKM

TKKM New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Is there anyone in the world that can recondition these ABS booster for the 30 series Prius or 50 series Camry or Prius V for fault codes of C1253 low pressure accumulator- and C1256 accumulator low pressure malfunction They look all the same and have the same fault codes 120283_01.jpg

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If those are the codes you have, that's not the part you want. You want this one.

There are good instructions on replacement in this recall document that was for a 2010, where some units were prone to leaking nitrogen. That's not a known problem for your 2012, but if the assembly has worn out in some way, those instructions will still give you a good sense of how to replace it. (For the 2010 recall, they did say that if the recall was done late and the unit had already leaked nitrogen, they wanted the master cylinder replaced also because nitrogen may have been leaked into it, but that shouldn't concern you unless exactly that has happened in your case.)

The part itself is a bit spendy (not to mention a PITA to replace), so if I were you I would go through the troubleshooting steps for those codes in the Repair Manual, just to make sure you don't have more of a wiring/fuse/relay issue, first.

-Chap